Christa Zimmermann Tansella and Carole Tansella have created an international award in memory of Michele Tansella.
Michele Tansella was a pioneer in the field of epidemiological psychiatry and the field of mental health service evaluation. He contributed to these fields as a distinguished scientist throughout his life.
The Michele Tansella Award of € 2000 will be provided every two years on the occasion of the World Psychiatric Association Section meetings on Epidemiology and Public Health.
It will be granted to Post-doctoral researchers / early career researchers under 40 years of age from anywhere in the world.
Candidates for the Michele Tansella Award will be the first authors of an outstanding publication in the field of epidemiological psychiatry, community psychiatry, or mental health service evaluation.
Eligible papers will have been published in an international peer-reviewed journal in the two years preceding the application for the award. Publications in press can be considered if accompanied by a confirmation of acceptance from the publishing Journal.
A panel consisting of international experts and the award donors will judge the applications submitted and select the winner.
Submissions must be in English and include the following items:
- The application form
- The publication selected for the award application
- The references of three other papers that the applicant considers her/his most relevant ones and a sentence for each explaining their contribution to the field.
- Two letters of support by senior referees
- The 2022 Award is open for application from August 1st, 2021
- The closing deadline has been postponed to August 31th, 2022
- The winner will be notified by September 15th, 2022
- The winner is expected to attend the Award ceremony held during the WPA Epidemiology and Public Health Section Conference in Marrakesh October 12-14th, 2022 , and present her/his research in a 15 minute lecture.The Award Fund will pay the meeting fees, but no travel to and accommodation costs to the Conference meeting.The 2022 Award procedures will take place and the Award will be conferred even if Covid restrictions should be prolonged and the Epidemiology and Public Health Section has to cancel its meeting.
Deadline: latest date of application is August 31th 2022 – APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
Click here to create an account and access to the Application Form
Conditions of the Michele Tansella Award 2022
Candidates for the Michele Tansella Award will be the first author of an outstanding publication in the field of epidemiological psychiatry, community psychiatry, or mental health service evaluation.
Eligible papers will have been published in an international peer-reviewed journal in the two years preceding the application for the award.
Candidates are under 40 years of age.
A candidate may only participate with one article.
The deadline for applications is August 31th 2022 – APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
Only fully completed application forms with all required uploads are considered.
There will be no discussion about the decision of the Award panel.